10 August 2006

Awesome: I Fuckin’ Shot That!

I love the Beasties but I was a bit skeptical when I heard that this concert film was shot by giving video cameras to random folks in the audience. But really, I should have known better…The sound quality is awesome, which immediately elevates this film well-beyond “bootleg” status, and the editing from the various cameras is creative, interesting to watch, and well done – even if the color is a bit washed out or yellow at times. Awesome is 90 minutes of non-stop action – no wonder these guys are still so skinny. Sure, the close-up shots reveal that it’s not 1986 anymore, but who cares? “Brass Monkey” will launch your butt off the couch, “Ch-Check It Out” will keep you on your feet and with the closing song “Sabotage,” you’ll be forming your own mosh pit in the living room. Beastie Boys, you rock.

No comments: